The annual Forest to Mansion dinner at Allerton Park will take place on Sunday, April 28th from 3:30 to 7 p.m. The dinner will feature dishes with ingredients foraged from the Allerton forest.
Tickets are on sale now (get them here), and are $95 per person. There is an additional foraging hike that will take place on Wednesday, April 24th; be sure to sign up for that when you purchase your dinner tickets.
Participating chefs are Ann Swanson, Drew Starkey, Mark Hartstein, Leslie Bettridge, Summer Kortkamp, Chris Alwes, Nicole Muvundamina, Heidi Leuszler, and Whitney Braddock.
Here's the menu:
– Scallop Potato with Seared Dauphinoise Potato, Ramp Pesto, and Nettle Nest
– Yemenite Chicken of the Woods Soup with Allerton Wild Mushroom Dumplings, and Nettles
– Fresh Funks Grove Sourdough Pasta in Washtub Farms Bacon Fat with Morels, Fried Ramps, Crumbled Washtub Farm Bacon tossed in Savignon Blanc Cream Sauce
– Allerton Sassagras Braised Garden Gate Rabbit with Nettles, Wild Ginger, Allerton Parsnip Puree, Fricasee of Allerton Morels, Ramps, and Garlic Mustard
– Prairie Fruits Farm Moonglo with Allerton Japanese Knotweed, Pickled Strawberries, Allerton Wild Ginger, and Crispy Allerton Garlic Mustard Pesto Focaccia
– Allerton Spicebush Bread Pudding with Allerton Elderberry Honey Whiskey Sauce
– Allerton Spruce Tip and Wood Mint Pot de Crème
Photo by Jessica Hammie