It is important that Trump did not win the popular vote. And it's important that key figures are upholding basic democratic processes, and that we collectively continue to show support and put pressure to ensure that we transition away from a president who would not disavow white supremacy.
But when fifty-seven percent of white voters voted for Donald Trump, we know the nation is again indebted to Black organizers, and that we have a long way to go and plenty of difficult conversations left to have in English and in Spanish. So let’s celebrate, find steady ground, and stay connected and engaged.
Calls to Action
There are so many calls to action, we made a spreadsheet! Check out upcoming national trainings, as well as resources and toolkits.
- Actively post against disinformation on social media with this toolkit (Note:you can set up and schedule many posts in advance to be delivered over the next few days)
- Make puppet birds for the Car Parade and other events.
- Sign the pledge to recommit to racial justice.
- Make a gift to SURJ and New Georgia Project Action Fund help protect voting rights.
- Contact your elected officials about election defense.
- Write a letter to the editor in The News-Gazette about this or another racial justice issue.
Note: See many more events on our Racial justice calendar
November 12th, 7 p.m.
November 12th, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
November 13th, 3 to 5 p.m.
November 14th 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
November 14th, 7 p.m.
Please send any racial justice events to email@example.com
- Read: "The Difference Between the Two" by Jay Simpson
- Read: "Being Black in America" from Shanae Dowell, co-pastor at Danville’s 21st Century Christian Worship Church.
- Read: WCIA coverage of our local Protect the Results/Count Every Vote rally
- Watch: Stay engaged in the electoral process with this training from Election Defenders.
- Read: Black Lives Matter Global Network Statement About Biden-Harris Victory
Send art/poetry/music submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image from Protect the Election Car Parade Facebook event page.