Name: Jessica Paris, aka DJ Hellcat
Occupation/Education: Strategic Project Coordinator at Wolfram Research, DJ at Mike ‘n Molly’s (Fridays), Photographer, retro culture geek
Original Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Current Hometown: Champaign, IL
Number of Years Living in the C-U Area: 13 (I tried to move away a few times but always end up coming back.)
Five things I really like about C-U:
- the small local-owned bars (Mike ‘n Molly’s, The Blind Pig, The Brass Rail, Esquire)
- the small local-owned restaurants/cafes (Sam’s Cafe, OHOP, The Courier Cafe, Farren’s, Bacaro, Thara Thai, Cafe Kopi, Pekara)
- the small local-owned stores (Carrie’s, Furniture Lounge, Exile on Main Street, Record Swap, Jane Addams Book Shop, Jennifer North, Circles, Parasol, Jon’s Pipe Shop)
- the stuff for kids (Orpheum Children’s Science Museum, Curtis Orchard, Putt-Zone, Hessel Park, West Side Park, Sholem Pool)
- Downtown Champaign (see 1-4 plus The New Art Theatre, Virginia Theatre, Artists Against AIDS, and Ebertfest!)
Five things I really don’t like about C-U:
- driving on campus
... otherwise, no complaints!
DJ Hellcat will be spinning tonight at the Grand Opening of Artists Against AIDS at Orpheum Children’s Science Museum (346 N. Neil St., Champaign) and again on Sunday, during the artists’ meet and greet.